- Arahitogami: These beings are lesser amatsukami (heavenly spirits) who incarnate in the Mortal World as human beings. Use the racial statistics for deva. Arahitogami have the spirit origin and they speak Common, Spirit Tongue, and choice of one other language.
- Hanyō: These are the descendents of hengeyōkai and human beings. They are similar to normal humans but are gifted with unusual strength and charisma. Use the racial statistics for half-elves. Hanyō speak Common, Hengeyōkai, and choice of one other language.
- Hengeyōkai: These are intelligent, shape-shifting animals, able to shift freely between human and animal forms, as well as a bipedal, animalistic form. They are notorious tricksters and enjoy posing as humans and living among them. +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence. +2 Arcana, +2 Bluff. Hengeyōkai have a speed of 7 and the shapechanger origin. As a minor action, they can take on the form of one specific human. As a minor action, they can take on their original animal form; while in this form, they cannot use any attack powers but gain a +2 to AC, Reflex, and Stealth checks. Hengeyōkai speak Common and Hengeyōkai.
- Humans: The dominant race of Bōkoku. They speak Common and choice of one other language.
- Korobokuru: These diminutive folk are a sort of “primal gnomes” so to speak, and are the aboriginal people of the lands that make up Bōkoku. They are typically persecuted and treated as second-class citizens among humans but some have achieved great status in Bōkoku society as well. +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom. +2 Nature, +2 Stealth. Korobokuru are small creatures, have a speed of 6, and they speak Common and Korobokuru. They have a +5 bonus on saving throws vs fear effects. They are proficient with longbows and shortbows. They possess the gnome’s reactive stealth and fade away abilities.
- Oniko: These beings are the descendents of human beings and oni. Use the racial statistics for half-orcs. Oniko speak Common and Oni (Giant).
- Senjin: These are the souls of Sesshō Kipposhi’s slain enemies that have been mystically bound to alchemically modified suits of armor. Their memories are usually erased so as to better serve the Sesshō clan, but a few of the more strong-willed souls have retained fragments of their memories and rebel against their former masters. Use the racial statistics for warforged. Senjin have the construct origin and speak Common.
- Shinigami: These are the souls of slain mortals that are tasked by the gods of the Spirit World to right a wrong done to them or their family in the Mortal World. They are returned to the Mortal World in mystically transformed bodies. Use the racial statistics for revenants. Shinigami have the spirit origin and speak Common and choice of one other language.
- Shōjō: These are red-haired, coast-dwelling nature spirits known for their love of sake as well as their monkey-like appearances. Use the following racial statistics: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom. +2 Acrobatics, +2 Heal. They gain a +5 bonus on saving throws vs poisons. They can breathe underwater and gain a +5 bonus on Athletics checks made to swim. They can use second wind as a minor action. They are medium creatures and have a speed of 6. They have the spirit origin and speak Common and Spirit Tongue.
- Spiritfolk: These are the descendents of humans and various spirits of nature. They are similar to normal humans but are unusually perceptive and serene, with a close connection to the elemental forces of nature. Use the genasi racial statistics with the following changes: +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom. +2 Nature, +2 Perception. Low-light vision. They have the spirit origin and speak Common and Spirit Tongue.
- Tatsujin: These are the descendants of humans and tatsu (dragons). They appear similar to normal humans but have extremely subdued “draconic” features (such as slightly pointed teeth or a greenish hue to their skin). Use the racial statistics for dragonborn. They speak Common and Tatsu (Draconic).
- Tengu: These are enigmatic raven-like humanoids infamous for their magical abilities and superior swordsmanship. Legend holds they are the reincarnated forms of arrogant monastics and they do seem to make a habit of playing tricks on the conceited and prideful. +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity. +2 Bluff, +2 Religion. They are proficient with shortswords and longswords. They gain a +5 bonus on Athletics checks made to jump. As a minor action, they can take on the form of one specific human. They can use the eladrin’s fey step as a racial encounter power. They have the shapechanger origin and speak Common and Tengu.